There are many ways to get involved in Women Aloud NI 2017.
You can read/perform and/or talk at an event
If you would like to read/perform and/or talk at an event, please contact the relevant event coordinator by email. You will find contact details for each coordinator in the events schedule listing. You can also join our Facebook group to keep up-to-date with all our project news.
If there is no suitable event in your area, you are very welcome to set up your own event [see details below]. Alternatively, you can submit an expression of interest to our project manager [Jane Talbot], and if a suitable event does get set up, she’ll contact you and let you know.
You can set up a local event
If you’d like to set up your own local event*, we’d love to hear from you. Send us full event details by email, including contact details for the event organiser, a brief bio and an image [300×300] in JPEG format. We’ll provide you with a press pack [to help with local press coverage], an e-poster which you can customise for your event, and details of social media coverage on the day itself [hashtags etc].
*If you’re from NI, but no longer resident in NI, you are very welcome to set up an ‘overseas’ event!
You can participate on-line via Twitter and Facebook
If you can’t make it along to an event, or if you are a writer who no longer lives in Northern Ireland [and you don’t want to set up an ‘overseas’ event], you can participate in the event by posting a video or audio recording of you reading from your work/ performing your work! Recordings should be posted on March 8th only.
- Post a video direct from your phone to your Twitter account [20 seconds max], using the hashtags #WomenAloudNI #ReadWomen and #IWD2017.
- Post a video direct to your Facebook wall from your phone, using the ‘global’ setting [rather than ‘friends only’] and then tag the Women Aloud NI page. We’ll share your video to our page once Facebook notifies us that we’ve been tagged.
- Alternatively, upload your video to YouTube and then share the URL on Twitter [using hashtags so we can identify your Tweet for retweeting] and on Facebook [tagging our page so that we can share the link on our page]
- Upload your audio recording to SoundCloud and then share the URL on Twitter [using hashtags so we can identify your Tweet for retweeting] and on Facebook [tagging our page so that we can share the link on our page]
- Make sure that you mention the title of your work and where you’re based!
Our social media accounts will be monitored all day on the 8th and we’ll be excited to share your tweets and Facebook posts .
You can go along to an event to support the women who are reading and talking
Hop over to our events page to find details of events taking place in your area.
You can provide a venue for an event
If you manage a venue, and you would like to host an event, we’d love to hear from you . Please email us!