PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TO JOIN WOMEN ALOUD NI. WE ARE MOVING TO A PAYING MEMBERSHIP MODEL AND ARE IN THE PROCESS OF COMPLETING ALL THE ADMINISTRATION FOR OUR CURRENT MEMBERS. WE EXPECT TO BE IN A POSITION TO ACCEPT NEW APPLICATIONS EARLY IN 2018.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS, PRICING AND PAYMENT LINKS WILL BE FOUND HERE WHEN THE 2018 APPLICATION WINDOW OPENS!
There are many ways to get involved in Women Aloud NI 2018
If you are a member of Women Aloud NI, you can read/perform and/or talk at one of our events
If you would like to read/perform and/or talk at an event, please contact the relevant event coordinator via our members-only Facebook group.
You can set up a local event
If you’d like to set up your own independent local event*, we’d love to hear from you. Send us full event details by email, including contact details for the event organiser and an image in JPEG format. We’ll pop up your event details on our Special Events page.
*If you’re from NI, but no longer resident in NI, you are very welcome to set up an ‘overseas’ event!
You can participate on-line via Twitter and Facebook
If you can’t make it along to an event, or if you are a writer who no longer lives in Northern Ireland [and you don’t want to set up an ‘overseas’ event], you can participate in the event by posting a video or audio recording of you reading from your work/ performing your work! Recordings should be posted on 8 March only.
- Post a video direct from your phone to your Twitter account [20 seconds max], using the hashtags #WomenAloudNI18 #ReadWomen and #IWD2018.
- Post a video direct to your Facebook wall from your phone, using the ‘global’ setting [rather than ‘friends only’] and then tag the Women Aloud NI page. We’ll share your video to our page once Facebook notifies us that we’ve been tagged.
- Alternatively, upload your video to YouTube and then share the URL on Twitter [using hashtags so we can identify your Tweet for retweeting] and on Facebook [tagging our page so that we can share the link on our page]
- Upload your audio recording to SoundCloud and then share the URL on Twitter [using hashtags so we can identify your Tweet for retweeting] and on Facebook [tagging our page so that we can share the link on our page]
- Make sure that you mention the title of your work and where you’re based!
Our social media accounts will be monitored all day on the 8th and we’ll be excited to share your tweets and Facebook posts 🙂 .
You can go along to an event to support the women who are reading and talking
Hop over to our events page to find details of events taking place in your area.
You can provide a venue for an event
If you manage a venue, and you would like to host an event, we’d love to hear from you 🙂 . Please email us!